- All messages from D2D Chat are end to end encrypted. Encryption keys are generated locally on each device.
- Every message that is created is encrypted on every device, ensuring that only you and the intended recipient can read the message.
Message Key Encryption
- The Encryption Key that has already encrypted the message is then encrypted by another key, giving your communication a double layer of encryption.
- The double layer of encryption is applied to give your messages an added layer of protection.
- All encrypted messages along with the encryption key travel separately through the Data Transport Layer Security (DTLS) channel.
- By travelling separately through an encrypted channel, this prevents any possible attack from the middle man.
- DTLS gives you the finishing touches to providing you with security, privacy and data protection.